Monday 31 October 2005

Lacklustre Performance & Nostalgic Moments

First and foremost, i am disappointed with the way Manchester United play their games after a looong time of not watchin their matches. Utter defeat at Middlesborough homeground...4-0!! Tragic but they really deserved to be trashed for the way they played. Already last week, they showed complacency and hah, i was not surprised that they did not buck up tis week either. They shot themselves in the foot! The Middlesborough 2nd goal would not have succeed if Ferdinand used a lil bit more of his brain and body to clear off that freakin ball. What is wrong with the team?? I tell u what is wrong...the players are behavin more like spoilt brats than Champions. They did not put their hearts into the games, They are not focused for they keep losing the freakin ball to the opponents, They did not make Creative play and their captain is Not Inspirin!! Urghhhhh what happened to the Champion's attitude?? God!!! Keane's presence is really missed and Gigg's too. Tis current team is so boring. The only fire i saw was from Smith, Rooney & Richardson...C'mon Sir Alex, leave Scholes alone, let Smith be the new captain or some other driven lads. U can't win the Premier League like tis! C'mon United! C'mon United!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Spent most of today makin my speciality : Kuih Honey Cornflakes. Yeah the super duper easy yet yummy Hari Raya goodies. My mum retired from makin her Kek Lapis, Kek Gulung & Tart Sempret so i am the lone hope for home made goodies in tis house. What is becomin of the women in tis household? Hahaha! Anyways, my mum Finally asked a personal question which I was so utterly shocked to hear. I couldn't believe my ears...I dunno whether to jump for joy or to worry. It was a weird weird moment *Yikes* Nevertheless today, i was not pissed with my mum, we all did our own chores peacefully.


While workin hard at makin the kuih, heard a song by Feminin. The first person i thought of was  bf. Then as the song kept playin, I had a picture of Diana dancin to 2 other Feminin's songs while we were back in secondary school...then bring me memories of Badawiyah, Suhaila & the bunch of us...all preparin & performin for Hari Raya concerts back then. I wasn't quite a Feminin fan back then, nor am i now...but i guess, tis girl group dominated the Malay music scene durin that era and almost each of their songs played on radio back then, carry a certain memory with them. hmmm, anyone got their music on the comp.? Care to share?? Hehe!


Had dinner with bf at Centrepoint's Fish & Co., met someone from secondary school, who actually had an impact in my life. She sat next to our table without noticin bf & i till bf called her."Mrs Rostina Koh?" She was kinda surprised but smiled at me. She forgot bf was from the same school as I am but she remembered me, by name! Wow i'm impressed!! And so happy! Tak sia-sia that she is my Favourite teacher! The one who gave me inspiration ( i still remember the words she wrote in my autograph book!) to pursue my dreams and the one who spurred my interest in Biology... Gosh....after 7-8 years, it felt so good to see her again. I so wanted to thank her for bein such a lovely teacher and I wanted to tell her it's through her sincere way of teaching and sharing knowledge that somehow had made me who I am today. Told her that i was workin part-time as well as studyin, doin my degree in Biotechnology and i saw her smile. Maybe she's happy for me that i got tis far...Maybe she felt her efforts back then was not wasted at all.


It was such a long time ago that i last saw her and her boys...now they are all big!! One was a newborn back then and another was probably a pre-schooler...But now, the newborn is a big boy and the pre-schooler...is Soo TaLL. My Gooodness.....the effect of 7 years was really stark! It got Bf feelin OLD! Wow....I dunno wat to say.... I'm overwhelmed by warm fuzzy feelin of yesteryears and oh how we have grown so much older without realisin it....Unbelievable.     


  

24 comments :

  1. Man Utd is no longer the Treble Man Utd. Their era has ended. Sir Alex should had retired when he's supposed to. They needed changes ard the house.

    Its just too bad my fav teachers are either dead or migrated. My primary sch malay teacher is arwah Ms Suginah. My Pure Bio teacher, who migrated to god knows where, was so brilliant that I outscored my combined Chem & Physics. Not to forget my also my English teacher whom I had a crush on! So the chances of me meeting them is like.. 1 in a million.. Heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo...
    Whats this question?
    1- Bila ko nak kahwin?
    2- Bila Iyuan nak masuk melamar?
    3- Bila nak apply rumah?
    4- Whats ur ass size?
    5- Can I join you belly dancing?
    6- None of the above?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found some good kuih raya outlet that I told mummy that I'm going to quit baking since this is so convenient... Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kata personal question.. and Supi mentioned she's schocked at the question!! Heh

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. none of the above.

    she asked abt my Special kawan. What is he doin now? Wah sey tak pernah tau dia ever mention or ask abt my Special kawan after all these YEARS!! i shot her tis "R u Kiddin me look" but she didn't see ah, goodness i was INCREDIBLY shocked! it was a weird & awkward moment. Eeeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Concern je... Then you never bring him home mah... Of course lah she ask..

    ReplyDelete

  7. gosh! I was trying to blank out the whole episode!
    i cant believe i did the dance and i cant believe i wore the short-short-short skirt.
    u know wat? u make me remember cikgu maimoon. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hafi: Ohohoh....she never did show interest in my personal life, so wat for bring him home? Dah pernah kena sound pun "Bring home a guy only if u wanna get married". dats why i was shocked that she FiNALLY she warmed up and asked. glad but kinda scary u noe.

    Yan: cikgu maimoon, the one who taught us in lower sec rite?...err dunno wat happened to her eh...suddenly juz poof like dat. She's quite a nice teacher too...she "bahasa"kan me for pushin iyuan into puddle of water in front of bookshop last time...haha sweet memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. U can find some Malay Oldies at my site

    ReplyDelete
  10. i noe! i saw the song "kini" but can't download...ahhh that was the song i heard yesterday! hehee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh really? Kat mana ah? Recommend ah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey at least ur mum finally wanna open up to u. Time for mommy and dotter interaction!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We'll see abt it. I hope things will turn out better & we can talk n share more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat Woodlands Loop Factory Blk 15..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha!!!Masih ingat lagi?!Eeks!I'm trying to forget those disoriented memories...Gosh!!Itz sumting dat I dreaded to do every yr in d whole 4 yrs in MCSS...But then those memories had helped all of us understand each other better...The bonding we had everyday after skool...Hehehehe...Not only d dancing,dun forget d dikir barat...D all girls dikir barat team...Wif Alijah n Hasimah as the Juara n Karut...Hehehe...Can nvr forget that...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehehe...I wonder how is she now...She disappeared without a trace n made us suffer wif Mr Zulkifly & Mdm Maimunah...Eeks!!Dun wish to remember that 'Love to Chat wif Indon Students' Malay teacher..Hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahemz.."Angin bayu membawa diriku sepintas lalus ku terkenangkan mu~~ Memori silam meresap malam kenangan bersama ku simpan selamanya"
    Kan i told u feminin rock..see the lyrics above...Well of coz she(Mrs Rostinah Koh) wont remember me,none of the teachers would. I'm neither the bright nor the dull student.You shud know, more interested earning respect on the "court" heheh.The only people to remember nowadays are guys comnig up to me and go " Sergeant Iyuan!".
    Man united....i cant say much,im becoming like a liverpool supporter,still love the team but dont expect much from them anymore. I share the same view as hafiz. Fergie needs to go, they need a fresh start.
    Hari raya back in sec school. Hmmm never concerned me those performances, never involved in them. Just that in the last year i decided to give in and do that dikir barat thing. ONLY bcoz u were in it too.Oh and regarding your mom.....just dont tell her where i live can aredy....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh ang Cikgu maimoon a.k.a Rambut Electric shock...yeah she dished you...hahahah Hurrah!! There are women looking out for boys!! Woo0o0ot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bagus lah... Jadi senang dia masuk minang.. Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok tahun depan kalau kau pergi, tag me along!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hmmm yah lah...Sergeant Iyuan was a motivational figure wat. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Same here,E-one...Hav been Liverpool supporter eversince in primary skool...U really cant expect much from them...Itz really a heartache watching them lose any game but then the players r not superhumans...Hmmm...But I'll always noe dat "You'll Never Walk Alone"...Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete