Saturday 1 October 2005

A Nite to Remember


I think I am goin to bed  tonite...cos I made history witnessed by my dearest peoples as well as strangers & acquitances. I never thought that such a moment would come true But tonite, it did.


Tonite was my very FIRST belly dance performance!


After a miserable plate of pathetic portion of rice, octopus(slurp), spring rolls, wantons, lettuce, toufu & beef... Jessica (my dance partner)& I excused ourselves to the toilet to prepare for our dance. After borin speeches & testimonials abt the fitness centre, it was finally our turn to perform on a pathetic petite stage...Luckily it was still big enuff to accomodate the two of us. Tsk! Before I made my way to the stage, I told myself not to mess up cos rite there in the audience are people who took their time & paid money to support me & it is only right that i do not put all those to waste.


As the music blasted, i got a lil tense...in fact I WAS tensed & nervous! Wat do u expect, when tis is my FIRST time performin to an audience whereby 90% of them are literally strangers and matured adults, lookin serious & I do not even expect any cheerings from them. I tried carvin a smile like how I did for ACES day but i could feel my lips quiverin. I dunno how I looked but I juz try to look straight in the audience & smile a cramped smile. Tried to find familiar faces amongst the crowd & yes, I spotted my table!! The whole bunch of them were standin & cheerin & videoing or snappin away...!! Wheeee~ I'm so happy!! And best of all, I spotted my dearest mesye also movin to the music...I can't help smilin away on the stage lookin at him, as well as my cuzzin all smiley. I dunno...it felt so Good,they juz lifted my spirits and in an instance, my quiverin lips were gone!! My routine went pretty well despite doin a couple of blunders here & there. After our duet performance, Jessica proceeded to perform her Drum Solo piece...and she did really nice, despite lookin a lil lost for awhile when she missed her cue but she covered her ground well, and Voila...we ended our performances wif big big smiles!! Gotten ourselves some compliments from the ladies seatin at the next table as well as another ex-colleague of mine. Got us grinnin again!! And Hafiz, said our performance was worth the money he paid! YEAY!!!


Soon we were off to the outdoors & were snappin away photos..as usual! Wat are events like these without a lil photo session ehh?? Hehehe...Pose pose pose...till it was time for lucky draw. When I got back to my seat....there was already somethin at our table...apparently, Hafiz won somethin & Iyuan went on stage to get the prize...Oh damn, missed takin his pic. ahahah...


We left after the Lucky Draw & proceeded to Holland Village. I felt really obliged to get my people somethin...so I offered to get them Ice Blended drinks from Coffee Bean and they were more than happy to get the treat. Then we chilled at the carpark & drank away....Ahhh nice...Then Hafiz as usual, drove us all back....He's always sendin people home, never think twice abt it unlike some people who are soo calculative when it comes to petrol consumptions. Once again Thank You Hafiz for sendin me home safely as well as the rest.


THANK U Mesye, Ned, Sitz & Hafiz for Supportin me tonite. THANK U Jessica for a wonderful time...rite from rehearsals till the moment we were on stage and THANK YOU Jim for ur support as well as the ride. Oh oh and not to forget the gurls who wished me luck via SMS...Hafi & Rafeeqah, THANK U too! It is indeed a nite to remember....


Oh oh oh...The Sweetest things.... 

29 comments :

  1. Dang! I wish I had been there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.. Your performance with Jessica was worth 36% of the tic, the PI girls 0.5%, food 0.5%, bollywood disco 1%, company of peeps 34% and u treating us Ice Blended 30%!!! Weeee..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn...u saw eh?? Hahahah...well u did great and like hafiz told me...i am a lucky guy..heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahaha... and i got the vid hafiz sent. was a bittty pixelised but wooo u looked like u were having loads of fun! heee

    and hahaha fyz won a boat! who wants to go on a cruise with us??

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahahaha...i thot i was reading MR FYZ journal at first. I was thinking "him? belly dancing? thats *interesting*" (though i will like to see him dance, preferably at HOOTERS during happy hour.) *cough cough*
    anyway sophie. power lah. must be a great performance. put the pixs up leh. and kenapa tak jemput?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wei.. y nvr tell me? *pout*

    i want to watch u!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.. dude... u wanna see me dance? U pay me man!! hahaha.. lets go rongeng?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. huh didn't even make it to the 50% mark ah?? damnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh he did record eh?? i diddn't realise it, i tot he was jesting when he said he'll do it usin his phone! oopss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear HAFIZ & Jules, sorry i did not send out any invitation or announcement here cos the dinner was a Private function lah...sorry ye.

    Btw here's the link to view a portion of my dance vid (download it ASAP cos it'll be deleted in a few days time):
    http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GD1A5JZYC6N427ME9DHXQWOUW

    For photos u can visit Ned's album here:
    http://fridgebuzzz.multiply.com/photos/album/61

    or

    visit cuzzin Sitz's album here:
    http://sitz.multiply.com/photos/album/10

    my album will be up soon gimme a couple days more okie... have a great week ahead everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo... Hehe.. I was simply mesmerised by my FIRST belly dance performance..!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though i only saw the 1st and last part of the belly dance vidz..i reckon u did well..woohooo!
    So now..for my bday wish: for u to belly for me..hehehe..i dont want gifts..just u belly dance..kekekeke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hafiz: hehe..thank u thank u...btw...how do u like Jessica's performance. She's a real somethin for a chinese, dun u think??

    Lydia: ooooo like that ah?? can...but i think the other gurls will not be ard to celebrate wif us...they will be in Aussie land...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha.. its okie.. we are so used to celevbrating belated besday

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey....no worries..treat it as though everyday is my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll get u "fish boobies" for ur burfday ok! Heee

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahahha.....i'd like it seasoned on a sushi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes we are! U can always wait! Wahahahah! Or maybe pre-celebrate? He3. By da way Sophie danced ggggrrreat! Maybe we should all bellydance for Lydia! But of coz nobody can compare to Hafiz bellydancing! He3. : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh yeah!!! Hafiz is da bomb lah!! he'll put us all to shame! hehehee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just Belly dance supi's excited.. Not yet full monty!! Wakakaka LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. wheeeee u gonna do that for Rafeeqah's birthday isn't it??? Full monty...show ur python belly in red lacy undies??? woooo!!!

    Masya Allah...it's Ramadhan...behave Sophie, behave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stop contaminating my mind all of u! Wahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice vid! *applause* well-done *muacx*

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha u guys are getting more excited than me! haha.... relaks guys....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  25. hee...thank u thank u....*curtsy*

    ReplyDelete