Saturday 28 May 2005

Pathetic!

My presentation for the X-flies session today was Pathetic! I freaked out! I have no idea why...and I feel crappy abt it. At first, things went pretty smoothly but after 3-4 slides, i got a panic attack! Started to tremble and lost my confidence to speak out and explain to the students about DNA, genes, mutation etc. Everythin was a blur...My team and I forgot to give out the feedback form for our session to the teachers! Err...i wonder wat their comments abt my presentation will be, if they did get the feedback form


Ok, in my last entry, I mentioned abt holograms found in Science Centre rite? Well, here's one photo of One of the holograms that were used to allow people to visualise how bacteria and viruses look like in their 3D conformation. The photo shows the structure of Penicillium, a fungus whereby penicillin is obtained. Looks as if the structure is solid rite? Hmm it's actually not, cos if u try touchin the Penicillium, it's not there!



That's all for the nite....i'm so sleeepy rite now. Zzzzz.....

7 comments :

  1. i am curious. are u studying to be a doc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you were alrite. Stuff like these always happens. U'll get better as the days go by.
    Cool hologram....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat Doctor? I'm a Professor ok! *LoL*
    Nah, i'm a Biotech student...hopefully after I graduate, i'll get to be a Research/Laboratory Assistant in the Biopolis or somethin along that line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey babe... shit happens... esp if u haf 40 pairs of eyes all staring at u... dun worry abt it lah... i'm sure the kids enjoyed their flies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey dee n rafeeqah, thanx! made a boo boo in front of abt 80 eyes...but luckily none of the students commented anythin bad abt my presentation and yeah, they really enjoy makin their flies and viewin the real ones under the stereoscopes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie maybe their eyes get mutated just like the Drosophila melanogaster flies! So I dun think they realised anything about ur presentation. He3. But Im sure u did present your slides well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the day i wrote the entry..it was chaos, but i was satisfied wif my presentation on my last day there. Very Happy!

    ReplyDelete