Monday 30 May 2005

Of Radio, Guitar & Songs


I dunno what came over me...after comin home from chillin out wif bf tonite, i juz had the sudden urge of switchin on the radio. Wanted to listen to LUSH99.5fm cos the latest Black Eye Pea's single "Don't Phunk With My Heart" sounded kinda "Lushy" but somehow a song stopped me from tuning away from my preset Power 98 station. "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down...i've not heard that song in awhile. There was a time that bf will play his guitar and sing it to me over and over...i miss those days...and all those guitar strummings, from the first out-of-tune sounds to when he got it right. Leaves me  all the time.


Then came some other songs and Craig David's Rise & Fall. Then I realised how long it has been since Craig David last sang his single. He's one smooth dude who sings so fine, leaves a great impression dat guy...watever happened to u, Craig? U r one beautiful black singer who dun talk trash in his raps n songs.


Songs...whether they have disgustin or meaningful lyrics, great rhythm or not, most of us relate to them, sometimes finding strength n motivation from them. And memories too can be revived thru songs, they juz mark those moments and make them everlastin...


Reminiscence & Relish...

6 comments :

  1. Getting sentimental there huh...hmmm i always sing out of tune anyways..since when i got them right? hahaha lah alah alah..u miss me croaking eh..hmm my guitar string broke actually thats why.

    P.S: That pic is the Intellectual Property of moi..Seek permission prior to usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats sweet...Mr Iyuan, please take the hint. Time to serenade ur gf with ur croaking n ur guitar under the coconut tree :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man.. there's the hint!
    Heh.. Time to go back to courting days?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...u r definitely a better singer than me ah, and i love ur singin...Oh btw, since i'm the photographer, i have the right to use ur photo here :p

    I'm not hintin anythin lah ppl...Funny feeling creeps up on me when i least expect it...*shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.... i can so relate to that feeling.... had it creeping up to me recently too... its a nice kinda reminiscing feeling cos i stumbled on some pics taken long ago...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes...photos can invoke such feelings too!

    ReplyDelete