Monday 21 February 2005

Damn Ringtone Provider!

I got a shock when I received my mobile phone's bill 2 days ago. Bf and I were charged abt $90 for tis service called mTouche. Called up the operator immediately and was told mTouche hosts many mobile service companies. Hmmm i noe, last month bf and I responded to a ringtone provider that promoted ringtones/wallpaper dowloads for $1/day. Just that once. And we are still charged for that service?! Sometimes I do receive SMSes from the provider abt new ringtones/wallpapers etc, but I juz assumed it was an advertisement for them. Tis providers are really schemin, I should have known!

Luckily, the operator gave me the telephone no. to mTouche and I managed to call them up today since their lines are opened only durin office hours. The person there told me that I was subscribed to a ringtone provider called COOL. Then i told her, I did not subscribe, I just replied to them, downloaded ringtones from them ONCE and that was it. After hearing me blabber, she agreed to terminate the service for me, but she cannot help me to waive the charges incurred to my bills this month. Grrr...dammit! $90 gone juz like dat!

Hope u guys dun fall into tis kinda trap... NEVER ever respond to SMSes for mobile phone services! Lesson learnt at a high price. Pfft!

6 comments :

  1. The world is no longer a safer place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..nothing is sacred anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. babe..dont pay. each time u pay bills do not include the 90 bucks. Just pay for wat u use for. See wat happens. I think for as long as you pay ur monthly subscription for ur phone, these ppl cant touch u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm y didn't i think of dat? sounds good! thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just do that but when u wanna terminate ur line one day, u'll have a hard time tho. Just pay $90 and get it done with. Happened to me and my argument with the guy almost escalated into a foul-mouthed conversation.
    In the end, no other choice I have to pay the remaining or I'll be slapped with a lawyer's letter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa dat bad huh?

    For now i think tt $90 can remain as an eye sore on my bills, would rather use the money on other things than pay for the service which i did not use. But i noe, someday i'll have to clear it,damn...thanx for ur advice :)

    ReplyDelete