Saturday 30 June 2007

Goin on Quarter Century+ONE

In comes the sms-es, a song even courtesy of Miss Rafeeqah. My birthday is always a deadline for things and it also means that half of a year has gone.
 
A reflection on how my life has evolved, twisted and turned since i turned 25 made me realise how life is so intricate and in-ur-face that dealing with it everyday without seeking the Grace and Mercy of God is really quite impossible. My last birthday is still vivid in my mind, the Terperanjat Beruk moments, the Anna Sui makeover, the Kaki 5 chill out, the Kate Spade drama and the World Cup/Superman affair...i had major fun then! Then comes January, where fear, jitters and struggles started to steal away some of my fun, in which my late dad was hospitalised for hernia when i had to leave for Australia. The pains of leaving loved ones to pursue my dream made me wonder if i had made the right decision yet i carried on, thinkin of them n havin them in my prayers everyday at the same time experiencin and adaptin a different lifestyle in a foreign country. So far the first half of 2007 has been a real learning, eye-opening, mind-bending, tough decision-makin experience and life has not quite been as tralala-goin as before. Never have i been challenged so much in dealin with life's obstacles, one after another they escalate, whereby the latest of course, is work & probably my mum's condition. Never have i felt so much pain to such an extent that i juz wanna clam up n hide in my own shell (trait of a Cancerian?) Yet here i am, goin on 26 in age. Maybe it's a process of makin me a lil bit more mentally matured and emotionally sensitive...or be more responsible towards my loved ones, perhaps?

Friends asked me what i want for my birthday. The only desire I had for the past few months was this: "Peace of mind". And it's comin true! Alhamdulillah. I am finally able to breathe a lil easier now and hopefully those storms in my head will subside and that sunny days will shine upon me soon. Despite of all the setbacks, mistakes and obstacles, I shall keep on movin forward, lookin ahead, makin decisions with no regrets with the guidance of my Lord.

July looks more promisin...A graduation, a resignation and a birthday celebration. It's time for joy to take over...and it'll begin later TODAY. Lookin forward to my lil birthday rendezvous in the gardens...*sheepish smile* it's sweeter if i can be walkin & twirlin around on the grass barefeet! Ahhh i'm so ready for that~

 

Blessed be, everyone & have a lovely week end!

 

35 comments :

  1. god bless a wonderful soul like you sophie, for the strength that you have. have a nice one with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Quarte + 1 years old SAOFIAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Sophie...
    May you have a more pleasant journey thru life...
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. insya Allah..thank u babe ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  5. hepi berfdae soPhie!

    may Allah grant you d strengTh & kecekalan in going through your day-to-day Living, insyaAllah..

    More fruitful momenTz ahead! enjOy d 26th! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HappY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey.beloved.cuzzin.
    Happy.birthday.
    May.you.be.blessed.always.
    I.love.you.lots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Liza u cant love her lots, coz i love her lots!! Sho00o

    ReplyDelete
  9. grrr...
    then u have to fight with me lor..
    u got urself a rival mister..
    u shoo..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe dun fight lah my dearies...u all get my love~~
    thank u btw, fajy & zarinah :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear sophie. . .
    Happy birthday to you. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. wheeee~~~ my 3rd b-day song! hehehe thank u yan!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey guys, check out what my dear Winn babe did for me! OMG!! What a way to start my b-day!!

    http://winniestarfish.multiply.com/journal/item/74

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a lovely birthday weekend my dear

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi dearie, happi bur'dae *hugz*

    ...despite the things that may have dampended the mood, know that everything is still under control in the hand of God ya =) ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Bday Sop..
    Enjoyin ur celebration in the garden..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey... Sorry we couldn't make it to ur party. I prayed the best for u & may u have a Happy birthday!!!

    Iz, Lynn & Riyan

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday saofiah. thanks for coming to my wedding. hope your life be filled with happiness always. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  19. i didn't noe there was supposed to be a party for me!! i've been punk'd!

    ReplyDelete
  20. nebride: thanx babe!
    starrysummer: yeah agree, thank u :)
    shii81: it was my pleasure, my friend! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  21. amacam terperanjat swan tak? hehe... last year monyet kan..

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAP HAP HAP HAPPPIIIEEEE b'day...!!!!!!!!!!!
    good to know u are doing better and MORE ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. badawiyah: yes yes, tis year terperanjat swan...totally!
    azeanz: thank u thank u, yeap hope things do turn out better from here on!

    ReplyDelete
  24. u got your wish of running barefeet dear! haha... happy birthday... glad u enjoyed the midnite song. lol....

    ReplyDelete
  25. i bet u didnt anticipate a surprise 26th bday..love u babe

    ReplyDelete
  26. raf13: YES!!! on soft grass and scorchin ground!! ahahha!! yes yes and thank u for the midnite serenade! *grin*
    deesdaily: i didn't...AT ALL! *my turn to be blur sotong!* So much for a garden weddin! hahahhaha u people go me good! luv ya too babe *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bet a lot of peeps were asking u wat are u gonna do on saturday morning.. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  28. yes it started on fri nite! and i confidently said i'm goin for a garden weddin n rendezvous!! dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  29. and those involved were all giggling to ourselves when u happily proclaimed u going for a garden wedding.... haha... cute la u!

    ReplyDelete
  30. jahat korang...but hee, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. glad u loved it. sorry tat i came a bit tad late. was rushing tru my work to attend.. happy 26th + 1 day old !!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Belated Birthday from Alex & me. Sorry we can't make it to your party. May all your wishes come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. prodigic & iqlima: hey no worries at all lah u two!

    ReplyDelete