Saturday 17 March 2007

The Cracks in my Inner Mirror


 

What do u noe....another Saturday is here. Another stay in Saturday, to work on report. 5 down, my mates, and 10 more to go. Past 2 reports have been pretty much a breeze compared to what's gonna be dealt with in these next few days. Yes yes, the bloody chemistry prac reports!

Earlier today, a friend and I decided to check out a Kickboxin workshop at MDIS gym, since it's their Open House but the instructor didn't turn up! For that, we got free acces to the gym and attended the Yoga workshop instead! Whooopey~~~


It's been a long while since I did any yoga, the last time I remember, was to torture the bellydance babes with the Plank, Cobra poses and all that's in the Sun Salutation...haa so today's session was rejuvenatin! Luv the good stretchin n focusin! Learnt a new pose that's quite challengin, i didn't really get the name of the pose but it starts with a squat position, and i have to place my hands in front of me and support my thigh as i move my chest forward, eventually i need to lift BOTH my feet off the ground and balance juz usin my hands! I felt like a crouchin frog, and i can only stay in the pose for like 1 freakin second! The instructor cautioned me to go sellloowwlyyy...hee i'm juz too impatient! i'll have to try again n be more focused! heheh! see my friend did it!



Caught performances too at the canteen...ooo i didnt realise we've got quite a handful of Hip Hoppers...not bad at all, i especially enjoyed the performances by tis group called LUSH (in 2nd dance pic)! Nice!




 



Ahh yes, caught up with Hafi & Dee last nite after handin up our reports. Ended up in Vivo, havin dinner at Banquet and then followed by a rewardin Ben & Jerry's ice-cream treat for ourselves. LoL Hafi wanted all the Aussie juice n finally she got it..yeah yeah...bitch bitch all the dramas that were still left in our heads..hah it's almost a month since we came back, but lotsa memories are so close in our hearts. I also decided to share with them abt this "First Impression" workshop I attented a couple of days back.


I must thank my dance company for arrangin such, cos honestly i'm really uncultured in the social department...gee i can't even tell what the hell is the difference between Casual Pants & Business pants for guys, cos i see them both as BLACK (the examples shown in demo)! Good Lord, thank u for the workshop...really really educational for me! I didn't realise that Image is really critical, i mean...for me, i dun give a shit, i wear what i feel like i wanna wear but yeah unfortunately, image plays a big role in creatin impressions, and for people like me who do not like make-up, it is Not good in a work setting, cos people have the impression that u r new/a fresh blood in the company/business, or juz simply no one with authority. Such is people & bias that we tend to perceive. Haiyahh bloody leceh ah.make-up always do wonders: they create Illusions and don't people simply LUV to be DECEIVED?!!


Besides personal grooming and basic social etiquettes, the workshop also touched on Communication. We had a test on how to measure one's sensitivity..and Guess what, out of 3 my score was 0! The instructor said people like me are Insensitive and most times, we dun even realise sometimes we hurt others. Indeed indeed...i have to agree. Alot of times, it's been pointed out by my bf, my mum and a few close friends.... I am cold, I need to have more empathy, I dun think for other people's feeling, I'm too "fierce"...they all haunt me! And really tis side of me scares me esp. when the instructor asked "What if u have such good friends, but because of ur insensitivity, u lose those good friends?" those words keep ringin in my ears again n again n again...My inability to pick up little hints and people's body language can be really damagin not only for myself as well as relationships! Imagine I'm a mum next time, yet I cannot get through to my child? I cannot see n understand the little little signs he/she shows when sad, troubled or angry...or i dunno how to react to those things, I might juz end up lookin either ridiculous or hopeless! Gosh! I can't juz say I'm sorry right? There's somethin that needs to be done, to make me feel more, react better...and i hope, the next followin workshops (which i dunno when) will help me a lil bit more to overcome tis! 



I feel so pathetic again over tis...it's like a black cloud lingerin over my head that doesn't really go away...Hmm to those of u, whom i have ever hurt throughout the time u have known me, and i seem to be unaware abt it, please tell me in the face! and i apologise for my insensitive nature... and i'm really Thankful that my loved ones never did really gave up on me...really REALLY i am...and also i am thankful that i found people who are really thoughtful n sensitive whom i can get inspired from and learn from in tis matter...without u, i'd probably do a worse self-damage than i already am!


 

29 comments :

  1. i appreciate that cuzzin, luv ya too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?Maybe exterior you are but deep inside I'm sure you're a very warmth person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you're just a person that doesn't like to bullshit around. You give it straight to people and if they don't like it, well, tough. And I guess you like people to be open with you too. I don't think you've hurt anybody. People always say that they like honest people,but this is the real world. Some people can't handle honesty. So i think you can be proud you have that quality. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah i'm like that most times, surely u'd notice...sometimes tak sayang mulut heh!
    and i dun really now to deal with people merajuk2...cos to me, if i realised my mistake, i apologise, so let's move on...but some people dun let go of matters easily and needs some form of pujuk2...ah part ni i need more training...tis one is my big F ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i concur.
    its good to be honest. but maybe it's time you learn tact?
    the way you put your point across also is important. becoming too blunt and you will hurt someone. At the end of the day, you still have to be diplomatic with your words. u know the saying:
    "dont do to others what you dont want others do to you"

    ReplyDelete
  6. ditto dude..

    anyway human makes mistakes, people say the darnest things sometimes without thinking. being honest and saying sorry immediately doesnt constitutes a total "lets move on". some dudes/dudettes are totally being very stubborn or egoistic to accept your honesty. some are plain manja.. heh..

    u are a good fren to me supi.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think generally i am pretty tactful in things i say/do BUT sometimes, shit happens.
    so what i'm more concerned is when i've already blurted out/done somethin blunt, what kind of actions do i take, besides juz apologise & hope that all's well? those in between peace offerings, u noe...to show that i am sorry and that i actually care.

    a lot of times, i'd juz leave a person alone to cool off by themselves, but what is a more tactful or Warmer approach to deal with such circumstances? i'm really horrible at tis cos i dunno what the hell is the problem cos i apologised and i've realised my mistake..what else am i supposed to do?? now tis is where my insensitive nature comes into the picture.

    so it is The art of overcomin tis that i wish to master, it'll make my whole life alot better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah i learnt that the hardest n darndest ways, mr fyz!! heheh

    thanx mr fyz, u r my great buddy too and amg those who have given me better perspectives of things when shit happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. people make mistakes and learn along the way... and dealing wif people there is no one solution fits all. cheer up babe, dun harp on it so much... ah and the "pujuking" skill? oh wells, apparently it takes time to master... trust me.... aint that easy peasy.... haha

    and yeah for the record, i like u the way u are... *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  10. u insensitive??? dun think u're dat bad lah....sometimes, if someone merajuk too much oso,it gets too tiring to coax them.take it easy k....dun worry too much abt future.u'll learn along the way....
    oh and sometimes, ignorance can be a bliss (do it sparingly tho....). it's good for ur health. i'm trying to learn that.
    maybe i teach u sensitivity and u can teach me INsensitivity :)
    cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how so true...
    thank u raf *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  12. u are not insensitive lah...just tak sayang mulut aje..hehehe...that makes u one tough chick :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can start being observant and see how ppl react to you. If they have a disapprove look den mayb u know wat u said earlier offend them. Secondly, you may like to think first before speaking ur mind. Think as in how you can put it in a nice way instead without offending them. Frankly, I cant think of any event of u being insensitive to me. So all's well for us. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think u misunderstood those ppl. Merajuk is not the right word. You need to understand from their point of view. Imagine someone offend u. She realised her mistake, apologise n moved on. Dun u tink it kinda lack insincerity? Ppl like tis are the kind who often say, "Ok, I'm human. I make mistakes n I apologise. So y cant u /we move on?" And u know wat? These are the kind of ppl who keeps repeating the same mistakes again n again without really feeling sorry or understand the meaning of sorry. So its not a matter of being able to pujuk but more of how sincere u r in seeking apology from the other.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nolah.. u r not insensitive. maybe misunderstood... I love u too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. exactly what she said...
    when you say sorry too easily it kinda diffuse the meaning, and cheapens the apology, especially if a few months later you repeat the same mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hah u said it right, that's ME alrite, but when i apologise i am sincerely sorry...but somehow i dun really learn Not to repeat the same mistakes...feel like cobblin myself sometimes...err...then u were sayin earlier...that i have to understand their point of view...err..worse! cos u see, as long as u've known me, i dunno how to think and sulk on somethin for long, like u leave me alone, ok fine i'll be back to normal myself. so when others seems to like take offence n start to be hostile and all, i dunno how to react, my natural reaction will be give u some space and i will keep apologisin and dunno what else to do. heh.

    so how eh? any tips on how to make myself feel others better and be more skillful in EQ matters? u noe i'm always the clown but i'd like to come around and cheer people up without jokin around too, but juz dunno how.

    oh and to set the record straight, juz in case i have a distorted intepretation to the word, sorry means feeling regretful for the actions that u do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  18. i m both i guess!
    despite me tak sayang mulut, u luv me, dee luv me, my cuzzins luv me, mesye luv me..hee i feel blessed but i hope to be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmmm tis one i'm usually caution, unless i wanna "poke" people...and make them open their minds abit. but sometimes terlepas cakap...bite my own tongue...

    ReplyDelete
  20. B0o0o again u insensitive bugger..there is a song right?? insensitive...

    Oh looking at that yoga pose, gives me erotic thoughts....LoL

    ReplyDelete