Friday 13 August 2010

Change of Hearts


In my life, I have never really been so turned off or affected by anyone's comments or attitude except for those who are very critical of others or those who like to put others down. I cannot seem to find harmony with such people & I will find myself either gettin agitated or losing my cool whenever they open their mouths or trying to make myself scarce from them so that my ears won't feel so "hot".

There was one particular colleague who really got me so turned off a couple of years back that it was very hard for me to stay nice & not burst into a rant here at that time. I'm not sure if for havin such foul mouth & attitude towards me, did I sneak a prayer hoping that God will open her heart so that she will discover the goodness/beauty of Islam. Yes, I'm talkin abt the one Dee decided to nickname Porky Bitch some time back.

On the way back yesterday, another colleague told me to ask abt her well-being & I was perplexed. Whatever for?? Only then that I learnt, that tis gal...has embraced Islam & is fasting! I was SHOCKED! UTTERLY!! I was still skeptical & resolved that I should approach her myself..And like it has been fated, that gal visited my neighbouring lab & I actually did open my mouth to initiate talk to her after so long. Hurhurhur! Masya Allah, indeed she said she has converted. Well, she is dating an Egyptian Muslim & she is now learning to become a Muslimah. I asked her what happened to ur Pork!? (I can't help it y'all!) She laughed and said..."I've overcame it!"

I dunno whether to snigger at her or be happy for her! Maybe I should do both! Hahaha! God pls forgive my mean side. Heh! It's really hard to believe how God always pull surprises on us to teach us values & morals....Ahh madness but all's good! Alhamdulillah!

I hope through her learnings of Islam, she will find wisdom & be led to live a blessed Muslimah life...




17 comments :

  1. sometimes the bad turned out to be good for us..remember abt the lady i ranted abt, aft she gave birth, i realised, its not easy being pregnant at her age. we are friends now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ini kira peace peace entry la...hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed God always has his surprises... Hopefully she embraces Islam fully..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. God only knows best. I have a friend who was a girl, became a man, converted to Islam and married a woman. can you beat that? :P The world revolves in mysterious ways. :) All I can say is Allah Hu Akhbar.

    Happy Ramadhan, Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shuhadar: yeah...insya Allah!

    eminozy: oops tunggang terbalik..confuse kejap! hee yes when the Best of Planners work, we can only gasp or be in awe. Allahu Akbar indeed! Have a blessed Ramadhan in Melbourne Emi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Porky bitch really converted ah? Ok, now i dont mind having lunch with her..lol but jokes aside, i wish her a blessed muslimah life ahead. Dont think she remembers me hor but if she do, send her my regards.

    And babe, hows french earl grey? dah minum?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee! Ahahaha yes she did! Cannot call her porky bitch anymore.. Haram *lmao*

    And french earl grey.. I juz shared my 1st bag w mak.. Ahh nice..made me miss sydney n miss u.. I even miss the smell of the dishwashing liquid we had at our apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha.

    porky bitch?

    1st time aku baca pasal colleague kau ni...kau pernah cerita pat aku ke?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm mcm tak pernah la rasanya. Tak de hasil, sakitkan hati je.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! after i sipped the french earl grey! i suddenly can juz recall the smell...and i dunno y the dishwasher...not my dried eucalyptus leaves instead....weird!

    TWG's french earl grey didn't really trigger my memory like tis T2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing an interesting story, sis
    Talking about pork, I would like to share this:

    A KHKN Penawar Bagi A H1N1

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanx for sharin ur article, bro! haha i like how u put it as A KHKN!

    ReplyDelete