Thursday 6 December 2007

Growin Old with U

Out of randomness, I typed the name of one place in Greece i love in the Yahoo! search box, went to the images section so that I could once again admire its beauty & charm. There's so many images that appear especially those uploaded on Flickr. So i did some photo-hoppin and then i came to an album called "My Ritsa". the date of which the photo of tis beautiful young lady in all gloriousness of her youth at that Greek island was 1972.

Wow that was long ago! Then I looked at the avatar of the account owner...an old man with warm eyes being kissed on the cheek. I then read on the description of his album. I Teared! The more I read & go through the photos in the album, I teared more! Here's the description:

Ritsa turns 60 today (14July2006). As a tribute, I have gathered here a set of pictures of Ritsa, as I have known and loved her over the years.

Happy Birthday, my darling.
You are as beautiful now as when I first met you, in December 1970.

If you would like to send Ritsa a message, hit the comments button on the right - she'd love to hear from you!

Ritsa was a real beauty, her smile, her eyes exude a fun & warm personality up till her latest photos and good ol Rob is still so in love with her despite the fact that her hair is now grey, her body is not so hour-glass like...they are so old now yet Rob is doin tis, puttin in the effort of compilin the photos of his lover and puttin up a tribute for her. HOW ROMANTIC IS THAT??

I mean right now we r so young n brimming with all kinda emotions & we love to express our love to our partners, but what abt later? few years down the road? 10, 20, 30 years down the road? Will the love & AFFECTION still remain tis way or will it fizzle out for most of us as we get caught up in work & family & all kinds problems to come? I had a colleague tellin me that in Singapore, relationships are all set in "templates", somethin like "Enchanted" won't happen here. U get hooked up, u get HDB flats as a proposal and u work & have family & that is love life of the people here. I gasped, I smirked and I said to myself "No, i won't be part of that statistic, I'm hopeful...romance is not extinct!" And a few couples came to my mind and I am reassured.

Back to Rob & Ritsa, Tis is the real "Growin Old With U" that Adam Sandler sang abt in "The Wedding Singer"...What warm fuzzy feeling it gave me on such a cold, rainy day....

Anyways here's the link to the album that moved me to tears: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robwallace/sets/72157594198252072/

 

18 comments :

  1. Hmm..romance is not dead eh? Comment ke hint?
    I wanna make you smile, whenever your sad
    Carry you up when your arthritis is bad~~...la la la

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think when you age,romance exists in a different way....but the meaning is still the same and share the same beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the romance is celebrated "privately". U might not see ur parents lovey dovey manja "melampau-nyer" in front of u, but i'm sure when we not around, they'll have their own ways of affections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i jus read another blog where she also agreed that Enchanted never really happen in real life. "true love's kiss" and "happily ever after" were stuff from fairy tales... but i'd like to borrow a line from another multiplier who replied back that "true love is when 2 souls are in cloud 9 when their feet are firmly on ground 0" nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, P.. u don't have to look far. Though I didn't see much of your late dad with ur mum, I can see that they were like so into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ritsa is a beauty indeed. Romance is not dead, it takes one to start it off everytime it stalls but reassured, it'd start moving after tt =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Swoon*....
    I'm a hopeful romantic... and this is truly heart warming. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is a beautiful entry..i'm not a romantic but ur entry really makes me sit back and think..and i decide that yes,i want someone like Rob who can still be in love with me..against all odds..that his love to me is immune to the effect of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i havent read it yet but im sure it will moved me to tears too.. i nie kan cengeng..
    anyway i agree with nebride and prodigic; "romance exists in a different way" and "U might not see ur parents lovey dovey manja "melampau-nyer" in front of u, but i'm sure when we not around, they'll have their own ways of affections". we have conservative parents, not everyone, but perhaps my parents are. Despite their random bickering over minor things, over years they learnt more about each other and ways to make things subside (meredakan keadaan), not their love for each other thou. kadang2 tengok dorang gaduh geli hati jugak. Mak-eh. Pak-eh. hehe. Pokok pangkal kena Sabar. Anyway back to topic, there's a lot of ways to show their affection. Some are very open. I believe some still very segan2. My dad will buy my mum fruits. That I know is one way my dad shows that he has her on his mind and loves her. These little things that show so much. Love comes in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sighs..still looking for my knight in shining amour..
    i know he's out there somewhere..
    anyways ritsa is a beauty..

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah i agree there's no such thing as "true love's kiss" or "happily ever after" but findin the one who could love u unconditionally is not impossible. Raf, i love that quote! u noe ppl, i love to see old couples together. tho they might not be cooing at each other like young loves, u juz noe that they simply adore each other...some of them take strolls together, dance together...i especially love it when my parents held hands & cuddle each other while they sleep sometimes...make me smile seein two individuals who are always busily mindin their own things when they r alive & awake, find such comfort between themselves in private times. and Wiwi, ur dad's sweet!

    dun we all wanna have relationships like that? it's quite sad that in our generation, alot of people get into a relationship, but soon after they get married, comes divorce. it's pathetic...divorce rate is like competin with GST hike every year! maybe as Wiwi puts it, for such a beautiful relationship to happen, perseverence is indeed crucial. throw in a lil romance, and there u see lovers withstandin the test of time...unconditionally lovin each other! awwww~

    anyways, to those who've not heard/known the lyrics of the super duper sweeet Adam Sandler's song i mentioned in the entry earlier, take a look/have a listen here: http://julsdsweet.multiply.com/music/item/113/I_Want_To_Grow_Old_With_You_1_song

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  12. im sure he will come for you dear.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. =) thanks! n ur parents loving too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah i told her...she gotta be patient ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehe...hes playin hide n seek with me ar..
    =P

    ReplyDelete