Sunday 15 April 2007

His Awkward Questions...

Mid April is here, and soon May will come rushin in, and that will be the month of fresh changes for me. New career move and end of report writing, which marks an unofficial "graduation" for me, granted that I make it through for Organic Chemistry. Dee and I are both prayin hard that we will go through the Convocation this July together with Hafi & Liza.

I'm kinda excited but at the same time, wonderin if these changes will transit through smoothly. One thing for sure is, I now cannot always be there to be with bf durin his off days, I dunno if we can adjust back well, but i guess sacrifices are inevitable...sorry mesye if u have to spend more time with ur computer instead in future! Well, my happy-go-lucky prancin about has to make way for more serious endevours in my Life. With studies gettin out of my sight, i got a feelin that new goals/directions have to be drawn to keep me from becomin disoriented. 

A couple of days ago, my dad beckoned me to be by his side. He gave me a lil squeeze, and asked "When r u gonna start workin?" so i replied him i would be doin so next month. Told him abit about the job and location and he asked "So u r not gonna further ur studies?" I was kinda surprised by that question. My reply was "U want me to? Well i can...i'd have to be in Aussieland for a year, to complete my Master's. U want me to?" Then he replied, "If u keep studyin then when r u gonna work?" I looked at him lookin even more perplexed than previously. "Well, for now i guess I'll work first, maybe in future I might continue some more" before i scoot off to my room. I have a certain suspicion that there was an underlyin message that he wants to tell me when he asked such things. 

Does he wants to know my plans after my graduation or is he hintin that I'm already old, that I should be making money and supportin myself? 

Or is he tryin to hint that I should earn money n get married soon (the question which NEVER pops up btw)?? 

Or is it...his time is comin??? *shudder*

The third thought is scary but such a thought always haunts me. I hope it's not any time soon, for any of my parents or granny. I have not achieved enough yet to make them proud of me. In their eyes, I am always the lazy n always gallivantin person that I have always potrayed. They have not seen the more responsible side of me, and I wish I could show them that I am not that useless a daughter/granddaughter I have always been.

But for now, as a new beginnin is about to unfold, I guess I should prepare myself for the changes and I kinda gave it some thoughts already. Juz like how I have planned it through from workin full-time, jumpin on the degree and gettin myself back onto the career bandwagon. I shall fill my days to come by workin towards marriage, gettin myself more domesticated, seekin wisdom back with my Quran and keepin abreast with my dancin.

My life is about to begin, again. 

and i could only thank God for the wonderful turn of things...and hope that He will give me the strength, will & perseverance to take on this path that He has led me to.

 

    

35 comments :

  1. Winn is always wishin the best for ya at anythin tat u do n will do in future my dear.... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u!
    blessed u be too, babe
    ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about this too much. I mean, I dunno how your relationship with your parents and granny are, but I'm sure somehow, somewhere along the line, you have made them proud of you. Or there's just something about you that they like. Or your parents and granny are already proud of you. Because of YOU.
    Speaking from experience, when it's time for us to "go", we don't really have a choice. We have to accept it. Whether we're the one going or whether we are the ones being left behind. I guess that's why you dont really know when your time is up. Cos if you do, then you try to do everything. Everything you haven't done, you want to try. After you've done one thing, you realised that you haven't done another million things. And you keep running after time to do all these things. . .Then, it's like you're not living life.
    Sorry to blabber off. . .and sorry if I dont make any sense. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sophie... seems tat u r clear of wad u gonna do.. for urself, as a daughter and a wife to be!
    wishin u the best for wads ahead.. always stay in high spirit and fulfill ur responsibilities. u go gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. princessdyanne: yeah babe, i get what u r tryin to convey...can't fight God's will, that leaves me to remind myself always to do things which are meaningful that leave myself/them good memories at least...

    ejadam: thanx eidza, i hope i can juggle them all well...and still go crazy...like u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insya Allah.

    And yes.. u get wedding ring and u can get him his TV.. Wahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. cuzzin..u are a wonderful person..im not sayin this because we are blood related but its true..n im very proud to have someone like u..i hope the best for u..insyallah things will be much better k..*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. prodigic: LoL!!
    boneeta: thanx cuzzin, i hope things will be much better too on ur side ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey babe.... all the best with the new steps u are taking in your life. every major change seems pretty scary at first, but knowing u, i'm sure u'll meet the new set of challenges head-on! congrats once again on the job... and hee... i heard the tv story... or wassit a WRX? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hey babe I hope we graduate together too! Congrats onece again and dont worry no calls from Dr Swaminathan to check up on u..u know ill put in extra buttery good words for u :)
    Im sure u'll do well in the new job, all will fall into place babe. How bout that one shopping spree b4 u really start to save some ka-chings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with the future and embrace all the challenges and great things that is to come...

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanx ladies!

    raf13: Aiyoooo dun add in extra extra ideas for him already lahh...*pull hair*
    deesdaily: heheh u ah, always tempt me to go shoppin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha.... sabar sabar... dun pull hair, i get you some SERUM okies? heee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I second what Cuzzie Lizzie said.

    I have always looked upon you as a role model. =) Your positive outlook and happy-go-lucky demeanour have always astound and inspired me. And I'm very sure our family as well as ur family is proud to have you.

    I, too will pray for the well being of our parents and loved ones... And Insyallah, we'll find our path soon. {Hugs Cuzzins}

    ReplyDelete
  15. raf13: yes yes i need hair serum! Loreal Lumi-oil pls..heheh
    sitz: aww man....i'm proud of havin u both too, never fail to inspire each other...((hug cuzzins tight)) *big smile*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wahaha.. I'm crossing my finger for CBMS 341 also.. Fark sak MDIS for mixing my result and give me F..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anyway, P.. I think Daddy is just concern.. Anyway, got urself a job?

    ReplyDelete
  18. of cos la...i think im one of the lucky ones to see u as a shopaholic back in aussie land...its fun when u say.."dee this nice right?" and I'd go.."yes, buy buy" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Daddys always wantz de best for his daughter...
    They can be quite reserved @ times but im sure he noes watz best for his children

    ReplyDelete
  20. norhafi: HUH???BIAR BETUL?? TUNTUT AH! Tunjuk Joanne Jamie punye email ke apa ah...aiyooo scary ah!! anyways, yes..tentatively i've landed myself an employment under NUS, gonna be headin down to the see the HR personnel tmrw to confirm n settle it :)

    deesdaily: hehhe yeah yeah! LoL such fun!!

    fizlynd: gee i hope so too lah, i feel kinda confused and nervous when he behaved like that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ehhh i just read this.
    haha. nice bittersweet entry. full of uncertainties, hopes and dreams.

    ;)
    imagine 3 yrs from now u drive a cute pink beetle. isnt that a sight?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh...tts like my dream too...

    ReplyDelete
  23. and you still THINKING wat to buy for your car.. no wait.. THINKING to get a license! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  24. sigh. aku betul peh malas ah. why cant they have secure online test or sth?

    ReplyDelete
  25. volig: what a sight indeed....PINK beetle?? bleurghh so gu niang, that's for Dee!
    prodigic: LoL that idea has been sittin ard in my head for looong...hmm but it'll still be KIV.
    ruwaka: thanx babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. it was actually a sacarstic remark for mr volig coz he thinks too much and in the end never get it done.. hehe.. not intended of u tho! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Or is it...his time is comin??? *shudder*"

    dear all. fyi, sophie's father passed away this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanx ned, for passin the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow...i juzre-read tis entry and Oh my, the Man Bitch's doa somewhat came true eh? Not pink beetle, but white Polo i'm drivin...3 years later indeed! Alhamdulillah!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow! quite a few predictions and premonitions came true eh?
    thks for letting me take a peek into your 'pte' life, Sophie!
    I

    ReplyDelete
  31. must have been a very sad day for you that day.
    but life goes on eh sis?

    ReplyDelete
  32. yeah i juz had tt uneasy feeling, tak sangka my intuition actually manifested into reality...i dunno how to feel tt day when he passed away cos i had him in my arms in his dyin moments. i felt lucky to be there with him & relieved tt he didn't suffer a terrible passing. i actually only felt very sad a couple of years after, when i was sent for First Aid course & learnt CPR...i might have been able to save him if i had the knowledge earlier. But then...i guess, tis is what God wills.

    thru sharin maybe ada iktibar? wallahu a'lam :)

    ReplyDelete