Friday 5 January 2007

Now what?

Gotta start again from where i left off.
All the enthusiasms that have died need a revival.
Soon soon..i'm warmin up again..
But man, i've got quite a few things to settle & i think it's gonna be in a blink of an eye.

1 week.

Alhamdulillah.
the battle is finally OVER!
i survived with aches, horrible aches!
hopefully today's the last of it all and that the next time i go to school would be to hand in reports only.
thank u everyone for ur lil prayers for me, much much needed & appreciated!

a friend asked me "so sophie, after u grad, what do u intend to do?"
i told him "i wanna be doin molecular biology work again, full-time, hopefully in research tis time ard, and that includes washin test-tubes if need be"
he said "eh then why u quit the lab job?"
i said "no career advancement, pathetic pay and yeah, i'm probably Greedy, i wanna learn n i'm too young to be doin somethin mundane n borin!"
yeah so tis is my dream, i dared to n i hope i'll get the chance to, if God wills.

"Who knows what lies inside you?
What can you achieve?
If you want to, you can do it
But first you must believe...."
by Mr Roger Jenkins, musical director of "Good Times"




19 comments :

  1. Yeay... Now u can pack.. I also get the same Qs over and over again.... Why ah??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay... Now u can pack.. I also get the same Qs over and over again.... Why ah??

    ReplyDelete
  3. dunno..but its a way better Q than "when is ur turn or when r u gettin married?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hey...alas its over huh? hehe...see u tmr...i have packed a bit...it still hasnt hit me...someone pinch me please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alhamdulillah, i'm always very proud of our anak melayu becoming scientists. all the best sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. scientist...wow....
    I really salute ppl with molecular interest...Im actually half past 6 for my chem in school...

    ReplyDelete
  7. molecular biology? proteomics or nanotech?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean those who ask such questions are kepo lahh. Anyway for a start in research, you should join nus but the pay pathetic lahh. And well in nus, you dun wash the test tubes or wat. There r people doing that for u.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I joined in, my pHDs and the rest of the LOs are like saying "I always tot that malays or malay-speaking muslims are lazy and always causing trouble.Which is why there is so lil of them here (research)". Apparently there r only two of us in the whole research department of 40 peeps. Why dont they say that infront of my muslim prof (although he speak ceylonese)? They even tot I came in becoz of looks (yeah rite as if im good looking). Initially I was hurt about the looks issue, cause everybody tot I am as stupid as a bimbo. But I told them " that mentally is sooo 'last year' and we r more hardworking now n ever."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool.. new age malay people who are more brains than being materialistic.. Kudos Sophie and to all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hurhurhur...well done! tell em...hello, not all melayu "layu" eh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol me too (at tis level lah). im a bio geek, not mad chemist!
    btw, at tis level...we are not scientists, gotta get a PhD to be one, we r mere technologists (the ones who do the dirty job for them).

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm which ever side that wants me, man!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah yes it's already under my consideration. thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you go girl.. this is the 1st step kan..... deb said to me its a long process.... anyways, hope this post is accepted by ur site.... wishin u and dee a great me in sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  16. insya Allah! thanx for the well-wishes, emi!

    ReplyDelete