Wednesday 3 August 2005

Ice Cream Days in Phuket (28th-31st Jul 05)


We stayed here

Thursday nite, I had TRIPLE SCOOP Gelato, Friday & Saturday nite as well as an hour before we left, I had DOUBLE SCOOP Baskin Robbins Ice Cream! Every day was Ice Cream Day!!!! *grinz*

Overall it was a really Enjoyable and Exciting trip aside from gettin sea sick durin island hoppin! Had a gigglin good time there as I was in great company! Let me juz highlight some things dat we did, came across and experienced during tis trip.

Day 1:Go-Kart session
Boy, it was such a thrill! It's true wat ppl say, only when u r the driver then u'll noe how fun it is to be drivin real fast! I came in First from the back, compared to the rest. Heheh! We were also treated to a mini professional go-kart race as there were a couple of caucasians who raced each other in a higher-powered engine go-kart. Very noisy, reminds me of F1 race.

Day 1: Patong Beach
We then headed to our hotel & walked abt in the streets of Patong for the rest of the day. Was Disappointed with the looks of Patong Beach, it looked so-so. I'm not sure if it's due to the Tsunami or is it that average lookin all tis time.

Day 1: Dinner@KUSUMA road side stall
Seafood spread wif power tom yum!

Day 2: River Rafting & Waterfall
All were awake by 0700, all ready for breakfast & excited to go River rafting & jump into a Waterfall at Phang Nga! The guides for our River rafting session were such naughty guys. They juz love to splash water around and scare participants with some twigs/pods and shout out "snake snake"!! We got along really well and one of my travel mates even introduced them to a new command "Rock Rock Rock" besides the usual forward, backward & bumpy bumpy(when we get stuck on some rocks)! lunch there was also Good! then we headed off to a Waterfall, pretty miniature one but current was very strong! Water was extremely cold but invigoratin! I had fun and before we left the waterfall, the guides put on ferns on all the ladies' heads like mini tiaras...Very sweeet those naughty buggers. Hmmm i didn't manage to capture the rafting & waterfall pics cos my cam batt went dead!

Day 2: Dinner & Nite Life
Had dinner at an Egyptian restaurant, good food & it definitely costed less than Arab cafes in Singapore. Even sheesha there was so cheap! Baht 130 only! 100baht=$4 do the maths.
Caught up wif Diana & hubby, she told me that she was mistaken for a Thai! Exotic species. hahaha! Then we proceeded to Baskin Robbins & my my...plentiful of flavours to choose!! Tis was the start to more ice-cream days ahead! Then we spent most of our time that nite@Tiger entertainment. My first experience catchin pole dancin & Lap dancin even! Wahhh and those super sexy dancers are Lady boys aka Transvestites. They wear really skimpy & suggestive clothes, i almost wanted to smack their perky bums cos when they dance they purposely tease the guys with their bums, oh tis applies to real women hostesses also! Oh oh, i forgot to mention that, pimps(?) were on the streets showin catalogues full of Pussies to guys,they were so nonchalant....i think to them, they r juz like Tupperware catalogues!! Patong really thrives on Sex tourism man, totally!

Day 3: Island Hopping from Phi Phi Lei-Phi Phi Don-Khai Island
My favourite part of the whole trip-> Sun, Sand, Sea & Sceneries!! So beautiful these islands that we visited...I love the waters....Absolutely gorgeous and snorkelling was really exciting! Fishies were everywhere and the corals are not dead! Lunch buffet at Holiday Inn in Phi Phi Don was quite a spread! I had to control myself not to take too much food, for vanity's sake! *lol* Khai island was really small yet it has tis rock structures that are so handsome, i can't resist to climb & pose pose pose! On our way back, our guide told me that actually, before the tsunami, those rocks were infested with sea snakes! errkks...no wonder we saw one sleepin in between the cracks of the rocks! Yikes! hmmm so where are the photos for the islands I mentioned above? u can find a couple in my album but those of Khai island, i did not snap any...same shit: Cam Batt flat

Day 3: Dinner & More Ice- Cream
We headed back to KUSUMA and ordered a mixture of seafood & chicken dishes. It rained while we had dinner but it didn't deter us from headin down to Baskin Robbins again for our Ice cream dose! Yum yum yum...someone created a jingle for iyuan amidst the sugar rush:
"Iyuan iyuan Chocolate Chip,
Somethin somethin 25cents"

it sooo didn't rhyme, you should have seen the guy's expression and little jiggy, it sent me & some of the guys roarin with laughters, lucky we didn't drop our ice-creams....ooo my precious! after ice cream we went walkin ard again and heard Coldplay's song comin from tis big club that looked somethin like Tiger entertainment. We went to the top floor, thought there was a live band but ended up in front of slitherin topless dancers!! Topless dancing to Coldplay?? WTF?!!! So we juz walked along Patong Beach after that still hopin to chill out to a good live band but to our surprise, the bars there were so dead on Saturday nite, except those that sell sex of course! We were so dead bored, ended up sleepin early that nite.

Day 4: Central Shopping Centre
The last stop for our trip in Phuket...hmmm no more money to spend on any thing, so iyuan & i juz window shopped. Thought of watchin "The Island" at the Cineplex but the timing was not so convenient. The theatres there looked real Grand and movie tix on week ends are juz 120Baht! Guess what we spent on for our last few bahts?? Auntie Anne's pretzels & more Baskin Robbins ice cream!!! Haahahhaha~

25 comments :

  1. Looks like someone had a good time.....Now I'm sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. many a times, i would love to travel around asia... to see the sights that are not usually found around europe nor in singapore.. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoohoo... Gosh.. looking at the pix taken during the trip almost make me feel like i'm part of the fun. I realise that i was smiling as i'm checking them out. It is a well deserve break for you and I guess I needn't have to ask you how's the trip. Those pics has already told me a million words about your trip. :) "Back to reality..." hee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. you seem to have an enjoyable time yeah. hey.. how long were you there and how much did you spend? how is the place there right currently?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeay! Go sophie! I love go-kart..yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ARGHHH! I am so so jealous...wow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. u look so sad..bet u didnt wanna go home rite?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesha nyer tempat?..Candle burner? Tempat air teh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gawd!!....this place is so memorial to me....I had my quick tan & glidding thingy....Also, Tsunami victims....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had my fav pad thai (hope spelling correct) here...very nice and TOM YAM SOP...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey...I remember this place....I naik bus nak gie patong town...kekekek

    ReplyDelete
  12. tong susu kambing.... heh twas the 1st thing tt popped into my head

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my.... the waters are sooo crystal clear...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tong susu Kambing??? That's very interestin guess...but Wrong...hehe.

    Only one of u guessed it rite....Miss Chit Chot noes her sheesha damn well! Yes yes, it's a piece of the Water pipe, the top potion of it!! Well done, Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. sean: awww dun be sad...i'm back Online now :)

    hafiz: hey u gotta visit Phi Phi or whichever isolated island in Thailand man...they r juz soooo breathtaking...if not, juz go to Malaysia's islands...also got heavenly sights! i doubt europe got them views...i know Singapore is no contender at all!

    hafi: yeah she's naturally beautiful, while the rest of the hostesses have such thick make up, i think she only had blushers and lip gloss on her face...only 18 years old tis hostess. i dunno how true it is, but she said it was her 2nd day of work. my girlfriend and i bought her a drink and she played jenga wif us most of the time... one time she lost, we told her to dance on the bar top...but she was soooo shy. hahaha the only dancin she did was to teach us traditional hand movements for thai dance. hahah such a darling...but hmmm kinda saddened to see such youth has to work in a bar like dat, i hope she doesn't turn out like the rest who gotta serve customers who simply loves runnin their hands everywhere on her body...*shudders* but what r the odds rite? hmmm...

    jez: u smiled while lookin at my pics? awwww....i had fun alrite, pretty enrichin i must say. yes...now i'm back to reality...and back jumpin ard wif my tambourine! tee hee hee

    sabrina: ooo how much i spent? hmmm let me list down:
    accomodation & flight - S$188
    go-kart - can't remember...(120baht?)
    river rafting & island hopping (lunch incl.) - 3000 baht (special price by our Thai tour guide)
    dinner - roughly 150-200baht/nite
    shoppin - roughly 600 baht for 2 fisherman pants, 1 necklace & 2 t-shirts
    4 rounds of ICE CREAM - 343baht

    hmmm i think those are pretty much what my bf spent on me (excl. my flight & accomodation). heh i couldn't ask for more. 100 baht = $4, total it up urself ok.

    Dee: i looked damn worn out rite? yeah was reluctant to come back...i miss the beautiful islands...hey wat do u noe, time flies so quickly....i was there exactly a week ago! whoaaaa....tomorrow, river raftin day...haha

    Rafeeqah: yes dear the water was crystal clear, made me sooo delighted after bein disappointed with Patong's beach. i can't help praisin & thankin God for putting me there to admire His amazin works.

    ReplyDelete