Wednesday 29 December 2004

Constant Craving

Rating:★★★★
Category:Restaurants
Cuisine: Mediterranean
Location:Far East Plaza, Singapore
I love tis place!

MENU: Its more Western than Mediterranean. Limited choices but what it lacks in quantity it makes up in Quality. My friends and I had Lemon & Dill Dory (in pic), Black Pepper Chicken Steak, Calamari+Fries, Cheesecake, Tiramisu (Non-Alcoholic) and Caramel Pudding

TASTE: Yummy except for the lemon sauce for the dory dish, too sour/tangy for my taste buds but I managed to finish the whole dish. Haha~

PRICE: Very affordable! For the ingredients placed in the dishes, I think it's really reasonable, i got nothin to complain abt the price. Every dish is below $10!

SERVICE: NO long waits, owner is efficient and friendly. He even took photos for us! Nice guy~

SEATING/AMBIENCE: tho pretty modest compared to big wig bistros/cafes, i LOVE the tasteful decor of this eatery, it's really cosy and welcoming. the Glasses, i love those too. And the music, Oh I LOVE the Music...a blend of soothing music pieces, from Pavarotti to Enya to Gypsy King (!!). Definitely my kinda place!

MY OPINION: Instead of headin to Fish n Co or Swensens, why not give tis lil charmin HALAL eatery a try? It's a lil hidden, if u stumbled upon it, it's worth visitin, even juz for it's tiramisu or the ambience. Plus, it won't burn a big hole in ur pocket! And u noe what, I really love the ambience and music selection, beats that eatery at Esplanade hands down man!!

20 comments :

  1. Help! I am craving constantly! Help!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat mane exactly eh?? Tingkat brapa? blah2...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's near the Bin Talib cafe. Remember I keep pesterin u gurls to go there but nvr got the chance? Come ah makan at tis place together, I'll take the lead. Heheh. Amacam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. okie... where the heck is Bin Talib cafe? Haha... By the way, when are u guys organising the gathering? I've been rotting at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's e same floor as Puncak & Cahaya Restaurants. Hmm yes, where is tis lydia who supposedly wanna organise the nxt gatherin? Let's hit the Message Board. Hehee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok...must try and give my reviews too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. my friends and I missed out on the spaghetti. Why dun u try those and review them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice eh meaye...but they dont serve poon tang pie do they!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's ur Speciality mesye!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm.....hungry ahh!! I wanna eat ahh quick!??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patience my dear..Oh, btw, i didn't mention the food's pretty good for health-conscious ppl too, not much deep fried items on the menu except for Fish & Chips, Calamari & Chicken Wings if i'm not mistaken. R u droolin already? hehehee...

    ReplyDelete
  12. sure will do...insyallah
    i get my mates together and we try out the food...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to this restaurant on New Year's Eve and boy, it was as what Sophie had recomended. The food was nice and cheap and healthy. The salad was left without dressing but it was nice and instead of french fries they had baby potatoes, baked or boiled (I'm no cook, so not sure..). The hot drinks are too served with brown sugar instead. I tried what Sophie had, lemon and dill dory. It wasn't as sourish. My boyfriend had black pepper chicken. It was nice as well. The tiramisu was heaven. But fattening. Fortunately I had it shared. The guy who served us was nice and polite as well and yeah he offered to take to take our pics. Like my boyfriend puts it, the dekor is homely and that's cool. The price is quite cheap as it come with drinks as well. I want to go there again to try the fried calamari and pasta. And yeah, the tiramisu all by myself eventhough this mean I'll have to run two rounds to burn off the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. darn you got me craving..
    have to go there soon...the reviews got me really curious and excited of the place...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey hey!.... glad u found time to go and enjoyed it!!... heheehe....

    ur review make me wanna go there again!!!!...... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahah!!!

    Ooh btw,Check out fridgebuzzz's Kill Bill III photo album, it's dedicated to someone We noe. taken at Constant Craving...hehehe~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Sophie for the review. This is Yazid, owner of Constant Craving - it's 1.50am and suddenly remembered that I should check out this url. Always welcome to suggestions as to what items I could add to increase the menu but unfortunately faced with resourse contraints what with me and only my aunt there (still trying to figure our way through!) but do continue to give us your support. Thanks a million.

    Yaz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Yazid! Nice to hear from u. U can definitely count on me, i'm a Constant Craving fan already *LOL*

    May ur food venture be more prosperous and successful! then i can look forward to more yummy stuff on the menu, esp. desserts! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey supi....i've dine at d restaurant too...n dat abt a yr ago...went there wif my ex-boyfren...my favorite is d TIRAMISU...mak oi!!sape2 lalu kat sebelah pun me tak sedar...hehehe...i lurve tiramisu..if i were to purchase sumwer else,it'll contain coffee liquer so alhamdulillah,i get to fulfill my craving at Constant Craving...so bila kita nak dine kat sana together?gathering ker?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eh it's been awhile also since i visit tis place. Talkin abt gatherin, ahhh it's been on my head for the longest time, but haven't got to doin it man! let me try to organise somethin in June, i also owe some ppl here a Gelato gatherin!

    ReplyDelete