Sunday 3 April 2011

X marked the spot


I finally fd the courage to look at the picture of the biggest scar I had (actually it's pretty cute juz a lil deep), the X for blood drainage. Eeeee...thankfully now it looks like a dimple on my lower abdomen. It's not a worry tis one, the one in my navel still feel a lil uncomfy sometimes...i can see the thread ends from the suture in there. Doc said I need to look after tt well, cos it can get infected.

It's been a month since the surgery... oh how time flies!

1st week was such a struggle....everythin had to be slow, precautions & tonics were staple.
2nd week was a lil better, off came the dressing and efforts were made to make myself more mobile & but i was still dependent on hubby & Mak.
3rd week saw me visitin the surgeon & was told tt i'm recoverin well! so the start of Gallivantin & catchin up with whomever i can get hold of!
4th week was a lil bit more of resumin domestic duties.

come the new week tis Monday, back to work!
i juz can't wait till week 6 is over...Doctor said by then I should be able to resume exercises!
i guess...what's left to do now is to enjoy the last of my "Holiday"!

16 comments :

  1. Enjoy:) and glad that you're recovering well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it's a keyhole surgery. same as my torn ligament minor knee op :-) yeah glad u r recovering well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah thankfully it's juz tt! thanx Hanz :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keyhole or not..it still hurts like crap.

    Good to know you're well on your way to shimmying your bootay soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. holey sophie.... *giggles*

    glad u all ok babe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How's you 1st day @ work cuz? :) Hope everything is going well for u!
    ((HuGZ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. after week 6! week 6! hahah! now it still doesn't feel so good to lie on tummy...my mum keep buggin me to urut...i'm like wonderin if tt's really necessary :|
    psst so u've fd out the proper name of tt cake spade?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah! thank u? how's ur lil chick....forgot her injury already ah?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey cuzzin...yeah all is well! sleepy in the afternoon tho...no more siesta for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes you should darling... it will help with making sure the insides are all ok. really... and for those makcik uruts that are really good, it actually helps with the eventual baby making too. Rezeki di tangan Tuhan but then again we have to make the effort yeah? so just give it a go... i'm going to go for one this weekend... seriously aching all over...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree...

    And i'm aching too...but stupid doctor claims that massage will cause trauma to my already traumatised muscles, so i shouldn't go for a massage.

    I nearly wanted to whack him when he said that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh btw sophie, why the cross not stitched?

    ReplyDelete
  13. u remember the bloody bottle i was carryin ard? the tube attached to tt bottle is inserted into the X. initially there was a stitch to hold the tube in place but before dischargin it was removed, i'm left with juz dressing covering it. the only stitch i have is in my navel...i can see the thread ends peekin from inside..geliii...have to clean every couple of days

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok la...i will go for it. hmmm maybe when i'm more comfy lyin on my tummy already.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of cos it hurts like crap...keyhole or not...

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehehe! skarang dah boleh kick bola?

    ReplyDelete