Monday 13 September 2010

Eid Reflections


The Eid weekend's over and it was celebrated with a different routine this year. From the preps to the home visits. The preps for Eid went exceptionally light for me as the hubby was pretty "siao on" & did most of the chores that I was usually entrusted with. I'm very thankful for tt as I have been feelin pretty lethargic & crampy for the last few days of Ramadhan. Mak also took leave from work durin the last week of Ramadhan so it was an in-laws tag team for housework while i was pretty much spared to go to work without takin leave until the eve of Eid. I didn't feel the festive mood until tt very eve.

This Eid, I realise how important the role of my mum in my life all tis while. I reflected upon those who are stayin on their own & all the works they have to shoulder themselves thru Ramadhan preparin iftar & sahur & realised I am indeed so lucky to still have her ard. Sometimes I skip the laundry, the cookin & whatever else that demands of me in the house, she is there to help me out & push me to do them.

Mum-in-law faced a new challenge tis year as her only daughter is now in the US to study & her other children are all doing shift work. Hardly are they home to break their fast together with her & she is always griped by the feelin of loneliness. I can understand her situation & really hope that she can overcome it soon. Loneliness is such a poison... Again I realise how my own mum has been so strong as she deals with life without a husband & tt she is able to cope when I leave her for a period of time to travel. Tis Ramadhan, I tried my best to spend much iftar sessions at home, to accompany her.

On Eid, i missed out hangin out with my maternal family as I have now joined Iyuan's family. The whole atmosphere was a change. I missed the kecohness of my past Eids, travellin together with my cuzzins havin lotsa fun! Nevertheless, I guess next Eid, we'll have to plan ard our changes & hopefully we can get a better time coordination next time...

As of now, we shall go with the flow & rejoice that we are able to celebrate Eid as husband & wife this year wearin matchin clothes for the first time! Hee...so Eid Mubarak everyone & may God bless our lives forward!

 

(missed takin photos on Eid itself, tis was on 2nd Syawal)

(Yanni since u mentioned...kita memang sanding lagik! haha!)


16 comments :

  1. Alahai suweetnyer pengantin lama ni. Hehe... indeed life has changed and we can only pray that the change is for our good. Enjoy the rest of your syawal dear...

    Pssst biler nak hang out raya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. raf13: eh still new la...not a year yet! Hehe! Wanna hang out after Avery's party? Iyuan's workin mornin shift tt day...

    Prodigic: mee rebus for raya gathering??

    ReplyDelete
  3. agreed on the need to coordinate the timings. me and hubby missed out on my family all-important mintak maaf session on the first day... we had to make up for it on the 3rd day. sobs. takpelah, first year raya together, confirm cock-up punyer.... hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. selamat hari raya to you & iyuan, maaf zahir batin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. our first matching baju raya last year was also this blue! hai iyuan..nak sanding sekali lagi eh..sungguh tertib menantu kesayangan tu duduk. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank u Dee! wishin the same for u & family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heh tu gambar second day raya...1st day was mint green. hee refer to 2nd pic...LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. u spent 1st day with Adi's family eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. now is 2...next year 3? =) selamat hari raya sophie...maaf zahir dan batin

    ReplyDelete
  10. insya Allah!
    selamat berhari raya di Switzerland! maaf zahir batin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting idea... need to check on wat plans we have after tat... oh ya... dee sugg next fri hang out at my place. fyz say cookout mini raya gathering. but i say no cook cos i'm working! lets potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok lah! take out ur steamboat set sudah la

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha... but dun let firus do the buying of the food! hahaha

    ReplyDelete