Saturday 27 September 2008

Καλοκαίρι μου, σ' αγαπώ!

Ok, June (freakadina) totally triggered me into a "Mamma Mia" mad mood in tis midnite hours! Hah! Yeaps am totally charmed by that movie, i so wanted to watch it & i did! Dragged mesye along although he was totally not into such a musical movie thingy. *LoL*

the first thing i noticed when i entered the theatre was the rows n rows of aunties! Well I DUN CARE! i had an inkling that the movie's gonna be great because there's adventure & self-discovery involved and tis is most definitely a Major Pull factor for me-the movie's backdrop- GREECE! i can never resist the architecture of Greece's lil quiant towns/villages & lil lil paths & steps waitin to be explored & *swoon* Oh i didn't mention the lead character's name's Sophie too rite? Hehe! Well i'm damn right when i thot it's gonna be great cos it was Oodles of FUN with a tinge of warmth to touch my lil heart & of course of course, Love the movie location but i missed out the name of the Greek Island.

So i had to Google it out & have to put it up here!

Some info from http://gogreece.about.com/od/greecemovies/a/mammamiamovie.htm

Yiannis Chatzitrakosas at Skopelos Web has provided me with some more details on Mamma Mia film locations:

"Kalokairi is Skopelos! The opening "Mailbox Scene" in Mamma Mia is a composite shot. It's shot at the entrance of Skiathos village. The post letter box on the bottom half of the screen with the white stone and the back view is from Skopelos village and the sea view is from Skiathos! The island at the back is the beautiful small island of Tsougrias which has great beaches accessible from Skiathos, which is the island that the Beatles wanted to buy in the 1970's."

"The three actors' first appearance in Mamma Mia is from the Nisi area near Glisteri beach and in back you can see Sarres beach Area on Skopelos, Ai Giorgis, and Alonissos island."

By the way, Kalokairi, the island's fictional name in the movie, means "Summer" in Greek.

Perhaps a place i could look forward to a charmin charmin Honeymoon in future? Honey honey, how u thrill me, ah-hah, honey honey~

Ouh in case u r wonderin what's that on the title of my entry...it reads Kalokeri, S'agapo! & it says My Summer, I Love You! Well i hope it's properly phrased as how i wish to say it! LoL...My Greek's vocab/grammar is pretty limited! hah! Anyhoo enjoy the lil trailers of the lovely movie below!

22 comments :

  1. Beautiful Greeeece... I fell in love with the scenery when I watched "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"!!!
    I Love ABBA's evergreen songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha go lah Greece for your honeymoon. Then we can meet in Spain after your trip ayte?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, Greece is indeed captivating! I was awed when I watched Greece: Secrets of the Past at Science Centre while dating Adam last time. He fell asleep in the Omni Theatre though that time. Grrrrr.
    This was their soundtrack & I loved it too!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! I SO WANNA WATCH Mammamia! But cannot drag sudiman..aku tak kuat nak drag dia..lolx
    Im gathering some frens to watch it...hehe
    Oh...sitz u watch that show too? I sungguh love it dot come!
    Yes, greece is such a gereklicious place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha.... we should have a slumber party and watch dat movie over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  6. when? when? i wanna tag if i'm free!! it'll be FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sitz: oo i've yet to catch that movie! u have its DVD?

    prodigic: haa Espanol i wanna go too! Andalusia & Cordova particularly...arghhh in short, i wanna go all places Mediterranean la!

    iqlima: yeah! u told me abt it...but i missed the showcase, partly also because i think iyuan also might end up like adam! haha! anyways, nice soundtrack babe! r u goin to greece for honeymoon??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes....i watched it last nite and it was Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. start saving up now. i'm doing likewise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got the first movie in VCD (bought from Cash Converter for just 2bux!) What a bargain rite! hee~!
    When you come over remind me... I'll lend the movie to u if u've yet to watch it, cuz! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes~!! I love the movie A LOT!
    Sappy Sitz even teared the part America Ferrera's dad pissed her off! ahaha... Superb movie!
    I've yet to watch the sequel though. Hee~!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh good good...i guess it's one step at a time for me, insya Allah...i'll conquer Mediterranean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeay! Glad that u enjoyed the movie too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a cheerful movie, reminding me of all those oldies goldies by Abba.
    Dear Sophie, your honeymoon in Greece sounds like a very good idea.
    I'll be glad to welcome you and your loved one here (just for a drink, don't worry; then I'll let you enjoy your honeymoon freely :-)
    Skopelos, "Kalokeri" of the film, is a really beautiful island.
    As about your Greek phrase above is indeed very correct, only "kalokairi" is spelled in a Greeklish way (a+i = e in Greek); in English we should write "kalokeri".
    Finally, if you care about the Greek writing of it, here it is:
    Καλοκαίρι μου, σ' αγαπώ!

    Eid mubarak!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all greek to me...hahaha
    Pun intended

    ReplyDelete
  16. ive not watched this...wanna watch together2 kak supi? dat is if u've not watched it..else, i'll watch it online..hhehee..

    ReplyDelete
  17. It takes a true Greek to correct the Greek afficianado! *lol*
    Woohooo Efkharisto Andreas dear!
    haaa ouza sans alcohol for me if i go there,okie? :b
    insya Allah one day,hope to meet u too :)

    thank u for the early eid greetings! salam to u & family~
    *psst i've changed the title to its Greek version*

    cheers,
    Σόφια

    ReplyDelete
  18. i watched it already but i dun mind watchin again! i love it! dee's gatherin friends to catch tis, let's join in! boleh tak dee? otherwise, we can have a lil cuzzins date...juz u & me! wheee~~

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey of cos can join! bila eh? its hari raya now..okies..i try for next week..will beep u guys =)

    ReplyDelete