Friday 23 November 2007

Life, On-hold

Havin gone to Bali, i should be feelin refreshed but apparently, the trip left me with an aftertaste, as bittersweetly weird as the Coffee Cream Soda that I drank over there. Readin blogs of personal struggles of my contacts, reminiscin life in Sydney, thinkin of where I have been and what much I have Not accomplished and reflectin on the current state that I am in, only make me teary-eyed and longing for a life more settled down & smooth. I fell sick and somehow the road to recovery took a lil long, physiologically and psychologically. Every day I woke up hopin that I am Not wakin up to uncertainties and devoid of joyous feeling. That was juz a wish, a dream.

Reality is much abt strugglin to fight the crumblin feelin inside and it's beautiful how some people, moments, spark inspirations and u got hit by them like some kinda tidal wave, that ur life is back uplifted with Joy & Euphoric feeling.

And today, i juz realised that I am not missin moments anymore but relishin moments that I have lived my dream to surf. I have no idea why I have been dyin to surf since I was in Secondary school...and i did it at a ripe age of 26, ten years since I dreamed on gettin on a surf board. And upon recallin the moments I had, fightin the waves, paddlin out into the sea and gettin myself on board back after I was hit by the waves or reach ashore, I realised that struggles in life are juz like the oncomin waves, that hit u all the time whenever u wanna ride a good wave to surf and try standin on the board. u get hit by waves, u get entangled, and u swallowed salty icky waters juz to feel that gratifyin feelin when u stand on that board & feel the breeze in ur hair and ride on the waves.

Life's like that. U struggle to get over the tides and for the Believer that I am, God's like my surfboard that u cling on to, u gotta carry Him with(in) u as u paddle away to ride the tides of life and faith is like the cord that always keep u grounded and not so distant from Him, whenever the waves get too rough and u get knocked off. Masya Allah...

I am motivated, I am a surfer.

 

 

18 comments :

  1. woohoo..u are a surfer! Beautiful entry babe. Wanna migrate to Bali? They dont have blue bottled jellyfish there =)
    Keep on surfing babe, both in life and sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with beautiful analogy on life indeed cuz. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel for you... trust me... i have the same dream and wish too... Insya-Allah one day it will happen... haf faith...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont wanna surf cos im bad swimmer but i want(wish) to fly while there's no cord like the surfboard has that i can tied on to but the umbrella (experience, knowledge, duniawi dan ukhrawi, faith) which i hope can shield me from the sun or rain (whateva that may come)..with more practise on that surfboard, we'll be better in life to ride those nasty waves ya..insyaAllah..whateva it is, semoga kita sentiasa bawah lindungan Allah...

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep on surfing babe...never drown hopefully, insyaAllah

    ReplyDelete
  6. jelly-fish?!? JELLY-FISH?

    katne KATNE???

    aku tak peberet jelly-fish! teringat pulau besar..."plastik kaler purple tu gerak2 eh..." <--ned's bimbo moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. my remedy when i feel low is to think of others who's worst of than me..

    There's always sunshine after the rain.. Insyaallah..

    Cool.. i kind of give up most of my dreams ever since i grew older and no where near fit.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  8. im heading to bali pretty soon...nak itoooooooooooot??? heheheeh

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello ma dear surf-rider.....yeah bali in ur eyes...hugss ride da wave of life and my dear sis ur doing great. May allah bless us always..amin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever it is, it takes two hands to clap. U will need support, just to keep u going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah mesye, like is like surfing, fight the waves and just ride it eh? Great piece...
    But after the ENCHANTED movie you shuold always be like Giselle tau! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. very interesting comparison...haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. U shld be giselle, selectively!
    As exuberant and blur and optimistic as her.
    But not with a ''sponge'' mentality as her!

    Didn iyuan sing to u just now? HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  14. deesdaily: yeah insya Allah! surfer for life \m/

    sitz: shared sentiments appreciated :)

    raf13: yeah insya Allah indeed...faith keeps me goin

    badawiyah: everyone needs an umbrella..ella ella..hee, beautiful way of lookin at those stuff indeed, yeah and may we always be in God's good mercy & protection indeed, Amin

    fahamat: same to u too babe

    fridgebuzzz: LoL that was the first time we saw jellyfish live! floatin about n massacred along the coast! eee creepy but what a lovely All Gals trip!!

    norhafi: yeah sometimes i'd think in that perspective but it doesn't quite work on me when i'm in such a self-pity mode..but nevertheless, there are always things, moments, people and situations that give me inspirations. and dreams...they do come true but often with much wait till u almost give up but God work in the most mysterious ways...keep lookin on the bright side, who noes :)

    glitterluxe: ahhh so when r u leavin for ur hornymoon??? share some of ur trip pics eh! kalau ikutan hati mmg nak itoot lah, masuk dlm luggage ke...hehehe tapi kan, kita tak mau jadi "lamp post" ah! hope the weather will be all fine and u have a very memorable and romantic moments that take ur breath away there!

    ladyjenna: hee surf rider...u r also doin great babe! amin, my prayers are with u too!

    prodigic: i have u people to support n inspire me to keep on goin!

    iyuan: hee maybe, maybe...

    nebride: metaphor

    vlig: am i already not? but i can't sing lah! hahaha...iyuan didn't sing to me lah...hehe but he was singin along to Gabriel, i joined in at chorus, so did Liz..and the lady at the Banquet drink stall gave us the weird look. eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm motivated too. Nice entry Sophie. I dun wanna be a surfer. I wanna be a rider. My dream when young is to ride a horse. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's kewl too...i rode one before, it's a nice feeling walaupun kuda ku tak pantas berlari..."kelekuk kelekuk" bunyi hoofs dia...haha!
    ride away with ur price charmin one day yeah...insya Allah :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Surfing and Highs we get out of life makes the Lows Worth Tiding Over.

    U are blessed with so many friends and colourful adventures. We are blessed to be Alive and Well. We r blessed with the net to communicate. ;) We are blessed with the freedom & luxury to think, feel, read, love, breathe, eat, drink, laugh & do as we please and choose, well, most of the time, anyways. Thank god we're not in prison! lol.

    Without the lows, we won't be feeling any highs, yes? The sufferings and joys, the trials and tribulations, its all part of life- Yin & Yang.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahh Dianna, i so agree with you, babe.

    ReplyDelete