Saturday 18 August 2007

No Cryin over Spilt Mocha

I had a certain desire to juz grab my lappytop today and plonk myself in a cosy cafe and work on a mini-project, i call it "ProjectFyz". kinda felt that a change in my workin environment might probably help stimulate some of my juice..eh not the P-juice ok..i meant my Creative Juice. Upon arrivin at Vivo City,  can't decide where to "park" myself in...Pacific Coffee or Gloria Jeans..hmm hmm...walked around...think...can't decide...ended up in Naturally Marketplace, a supermarket.hah.randomly walkin arond the aisle, thinkin of where to go and what could i juz buy from tis "import" supermarket when I received a call from a bride-to-be. Yakkin along the biscuits aisle when she told me that her honeymoon will be in Sydney & Melbourne! HAH...that got me all excited tellin her where to go when she is there and all...and there in front of me...Lo and Behold...TIM TAM Classic Dark..$3.70..GRAB!!...yak yak yak...cashed out. I walked past Gloria Jeans, another Sydney memory...wanna go in or not...hmm walk on...I decided to plonk myself in Pacific Coffee...hmm changed my mind..picked up my bag and head back to Gloria Jeans. I guess my afternoon is a tribute to life in Sydney...it's been half a year since we were back there...memories so dear...i still remember Dee hidin those TIM TAM in her room as some form of "rebel" movement towards a certain selfish, greedy someone..LoL. And Gloria Jeans, a Must coffee fix or thirst quencher wherever we go...and on a certain nite, the beautiful voice of a blind lady serenadin us live at the Epping branch was simply heartwarmin...

Amidst all the tough shit and feelin homesick, somehow a part of us was left back there in Sydney, even though it was juz a month, it was beautiful. And now that it is the Chinese 7th month where hellnotes and what-nots are startin to be burnt almost everywhere here in our neighbourhood estates, it reminded me of what i especially missed...the whiffs of eucalyptus almost everywhere we walk...such soothing scent that always make me feel at ease and peace...i guess for us who had spent the time together over there, we juz cannot let go of the treasured moments...juz like the guys and what they remember thru their NS trainin, the bittersweet memories juz linger on...

(tis "postcard" was made for Iyuan but now i wish i was back there again)

I worked through ProjectFyz with sips of White CHocolate Mocha, nibbles of my Tim Tam & the in-house Jazz music...great stimulants indeed and guess what? While i was workin on, i heard the jazzified rendition of Radiohead's Creep! Hoho! Weird to be snappin fingers/tappin foot to such lyrics ain't it? Hah...anyways i was totally soakin up the good vibes and kinda engrossed in my own bubble and voila~ i finished ProjectFyz and i get an Approval for it! Wheeehooo~~

On another note, for all my worryin of not bein able to pay my insurance premiums, phone bills, lil shoppin treats...I was offered 2 temporary job positions, all in a day, today. What can i say...ALHAMDULILLAH!

My day was beautiful with Your Grace & Mercy, My Lord...

 

20 comments :

  1. I thought she always has been. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for ya cuzzin..
    alhamdulilah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is, but now i want it to be MORE personal..hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey gurl.. positive mindset! all shall fall in place. insya'allah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh u got me all teary eyed...haiz..i guess its a mixed feeling being there huh? U miss home yet u dont wanna go back, u wanna bring home to aussieland....
    haha...and those tim tam hiding moments...ahhh...and looking forward to saturday nites after a long day in school...miss miss..super miss miss...
    babe, congrats on ur temp job, sorry I cant hire u just yet, im still sorting out some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eh babe, u jz lemme noe when the post is ready. i updated my resume any way! hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much MORE personal huh?
    Erm. . .*looks at sophie*
    MORE personal?
    Hmmmm. . .OK. . . .

    Congrats Sophie for the jobs. . .
    If you get too busy, forget abt our "project" ok. Seriously, I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all seems good to reminisce good places.And congrats on the 2 job offers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LoL

    eh i've still got time in hand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah good places, good memories..hee. thanx babe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aussie will be after our NZ trip..

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww.... reminiscing is always sweet. i went thru one "session" last week and ended up calling my dear ling ling in UK. :)

    take care babe. cya tues! we gonna haf giggly fun again... yeay! hee...

    ReplyDelete
  13. still have time to spare to be Eve & Jules Angels yeah!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh includin u then 3 job offers! LoL
    yes yes...i'm ur angel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hohoho good to know that the sun is still shining brightly for my friend. :D

    reminisching is always sweet....but it makes me feel old tho (ok i know im not even 1/4 of a century :p hihihihi)

    ReplyDelete
  16. old people like to reminiscence lah..esp. when u r past quarter century ;)
    *chuckles*

    ReplyDelete